Many businesses are quickly realizing the benefits and effectiveness of outsourcing their IT instead of setting up an in-house team to manage their IT infrastructure. Outsourcing can include everything from cloud computing, software, hardware, web site management, and database administration. Outsourcing an IT department can strongly impact a small businesses bottom line and in this article we will cover the 7 benefits of outsourcing IT.
- Reduce Costs: By hiring a team that is outside of your company you can eliminate the costs that are associated with hiring, training, on-boarding and maintaining that employee on a day to day basis.
- Expertise: It’s definitely tricky to find qualified talent. It can be incredibly time consuming searching, interviewing and hiring an employee. If you aren’t IT trained, how do you know if your employee is qualified to manage your IT department? In order to stand out from the rest, IT Service Providers typically hire the best of the best and ensure that their employees have certifications and accreditations.
- Reducing Risk: Technology is rapidly changing and in order to stay on top of those changes it can be expensive and time consuming. IT providers stay on top of the trends. They know what is happening in the IT industry and can best advise on IT best practices, especially with security and compliance. This is invaluable knowledge that any business can use and it can help reduce the risk of implementing a costly wrong IT decision.
- Security: With IT Outsourcing, your corporate data can remain safe and sound. Your IT provider will make sure that your firewall is up to date, will audit your network of servers and workstations and ensure that you are meeting any necessary compliance and security standards. By outsourcing qualified IT professionals they will continuously monitor your internal IT infrastructure to minimize security risks and threat to your network and business.
- Access to “Enterprise” Level Support: the reason that many small businesses outsource is that they are unable to match the level of support that larger companies can maintain in-house. These days, IT providers have access to technology that is enterprise class for the small-medium business price tag.
- Company Focus: By outsourcing your IT department, you can focus on your business and let the IT experts handle your IT decisions. By not being distracted and dividing up your resources appropriately, you can focus your time on your core competencies.
- Control your IT Costs: Outsourcing helps companies build out more predictability when it comes to IT management, and by hiring a team to manage your internal IT resources you can plan your spend for the next quarter, next year and even next 2 years. Your IT partner will help plan what you need and how much you can expect to spend and build that into your IT budget.
Outsourcing your IT is great option for any business and as stated above there are many advantages and benefits. If you are interested in learning about our services and how we help other businesses with their IT, contact us today to learn more!