More and more businesses are switching to the Cloud to run their business and rightly so. The Cloud applications offers numerous benefits over the traditional, physical on site server. For example,
- Anytime, anywhere access to your data: Information in the Cloud can be accessed from anywhere using an internet connection, unlike in the case of traditional servers, where you need a physical connection to the servers
- Significant cost savings: You cut hardware costs, because the Cloud follows a ‘pay-as-you-use’ approach to data storage
- SaaS compatibility and support: The Cloud allows the use of Software-as-a-Service since the software can be hosted in the Cloud
- Scalability: The Cloud lets you scale up and down as your business needs change
- 24/7 monitoring, support, and greater access reliability: When your data is in the Cloud, the Cloud service provider is responsible for keeping it safe and ensuring it is securely accessible at all times. They monitor the Cloud’s performance and in the event of any performance issues, they provide immediate tech support to resolve the problem
Your big Cloud move: What to consider
If you are considering moving to the Cloud, you will find it helpful to sign-up with an MSP who is well-versed with the Cloud. They can advise you on the benefits and risks of the Cloud and also offer the Cloud solution that’s right for you. In any case, before you migrate to the Cloud, make sure you are dealing with a reputed Cloud service provider who has strong cybersecurity measures in place. You can even explicitly ask them what security mechanisms they have invested in to manage data access and security.
Yes, moving to the Cloud has it benefits, but it also has its challenges including security risks. Learn more in our next blog, “Is the Cloud really risk-free?”
Talk to us today to find out how we can help you secure your cloud apps and prevent cyber attacks.
Call 416-900-6852 | TF 1-877-709-2656 or complete the form below.