If you are a small business that’s finally decided you need IT consulting managed services in Toronto, you’ve made the right decision. Hiring a managed services IT consultant is a cost-effective way for an organization to leverage professional specialized IT knowledge to help your business operate at peak performance.
Here’s some of the questions you should be asking to make sure you find the right partner.
- Will the consultant provide training for your employees and your management staff after the introduction of a new technology? Make sure to ask about guidance of all different aspects including using industry-leading IT products. That includes software involved with data protection and cloud backup.
- You should also ask to see a standard IT consulting in Toronto contract. Find out what’s covered and what’s extra.
- Find out how the consultant sets their fees. Do they charge a flat fee or retainer? Are the fees charged on an hourly basis or per project? It’s also important to understand the payment terms. Is there an upfront deposit or are payments made on an annual, quarterly or monthly basis?
There are some other important things your business will need to know. For example, any IT consulting professional should be collaborative, responsive and readily available to support your needs. It’s not a good idea to hire a consultant who works by themselves in isolation. Ask any candidate about their guaranteed response time and how your business can contact them.
It’s critical to ask questions about how a consultant can strengthen your cybersecurity foundation. A cyber security assessment should be able to identify any security threats and reduce your vulnerability while increasing your preparedness.
Businesses should make sure a cyber security assessment checks the following boxes.
- A strong password policy that implements multifactor authentication.
- Cybersecurity software that contains the latest ransomware protection and other threats.
- Application and OS updates and patches.
These are just some of the features a good IT consulting managed services in Toronto provides. You should also be able to get clear answers for any company’s plans for strategic design management and implementation of a complete cyber security framework. Finally, don’t forget to inquire about any cybersecurity awareness training to keep your employees up-to-date on the best practices to combat the latest scams.
Contact us at 416-900-6752 or TF 1-877-709-2656 with your questions or click here.
21 questions you should ask before selecting a computer support company
Choosing the wrong manage services provider can be a costly mistake. Downtime, data loss, and expensive repair bills add up very quickly. Download our eBook, “21 questions you should ask before selecting a computer support company“, to help you make the right decission.