Cisco Small Business Technology
Cisco Small Business RV Series Routers
New Updates Connect your business to the outside world while providing highly secure VPN access for remote employees.
Cisco SRP500 Series Services Ready Platforms
New Connect your small business directly to DSL and 3G or 4G services and get routing, switching, and wireless capabilities in one compact, flexible platform.
Cisco ProtectLink Security Solutions
Add another layer of protection to your Cisco Small Business router by using the Cisco ProtectLink Web service to help block malicious websites and control web access.
Cisco 800 Series Integrated Services Routers
Combine your Internet access, security, and wireless services onto a single, secure device that keeps your employees connected to the resources they need to stay productive.
Cisco 1900 Series Integrated Services Routers
Get highly secure, simultaneous delivery of data, voice, and video services on a single device.
Cisco 2900 Series Integrated Services Routers
Get highly secure and high-performance simultaneous delivery of data, voice, and video application optimization services on demand.
Cisco 100 Series Unmanaged Switches
Reliable network performance at an affordable price. Setup is easy with no software to install and nothing to configure.
Cisco 200 Series Smart Switches
Entry-level managed switch features and easy management at a great price. Build a business-class network with the features you need.
Cisco 300 Series Managed Switches
The ideal combination of affordability and advanced network features for small business, these easy to use fully managed switches are the cornerstone of your network.
Cisco 500 Series Stackable Managed Switches
Advanced features, high reliability, and performance at a price you can afford. These stackable managed switches, built for demanding environments, deliver a powerful networking foundation for today and tomorrow.
Cisco Catalyst 2960, 2960-C and 2960-S Series Switches
These switches support voice, video, data, and highly secure access, delivering scalable network management as your business needs change.
Cisco Small Business Network Accessories
Improve the performance of the devices you are already using without buying new hardware.
Cisco Small Business Wireless Access Points: Overview
Expanding your network with Cisco Small Business Wireless Access Points is an easy way to connect staff, whether they’re onsite or remote, to your business operations.
Cisco Small Business Wireless Access Points support:
- Connectivity: Now employees can securely access network resources from places that were previously out of range. The reach and signal quality of Cisco Wireless Access Points go beyond that of a standard wireless connection so you can provide stronger connections from further away.
- Security: Standards and encryption protocols keep Cisco Wireless Access Points just as secure as a wired network.
- Performance: Cisco Small Business Wireless Access Points offer the fastest speeds possible with expanded range and coverage–a transparent extension of your wired network.
- Ease-of-use: Web-based configuration tools make it easy for you to install the router and set up your network devices. Getting your business online with your new Cisco device isn’t a complex process at all.
Cisco Small Business Wireless Access Points: Features
Cisco Small Business Wireless Access Points offer a range of features, including:
- The ability to connect wired and wireless communication devices, allowing you to expand your network operations and keep employees productive
- A choice of Wireless-N (300 Mbps) or Wireless-G (54 Mbps) connectivity, depending on your performance requirements
- RangeBooster and MIMO technology, which increase wireless throughput and the router's range to reduce "dead spots" in the wireless coverage area
- Advanced security features keep your wireless network as secure as your wired network
- Rogue access-point detection scans your network for unauthorized, unsecure gateways into your protected contents
- Compatibility with devices that offer Power over Ethernet, simplifying the installation process and eliminating the need and cost of installing external power supplies
- Easy installation and configuration through a web interface
- Limited lifetime warranty
Cisco Small Business Wireless Access Points: Models
- Maximum connectivity coverage
- Increased connection stability and performance
- Supports advanced wireless security protocols WEP, WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, WPA-ENT, and WPA2-ENT authentication
- Limited lifetime warranty
|Models||Supported Wireless Standards|
|802.11n, 802.11g, 802.11b|
Network Security for Small Business
Network security for small business is becoming increasingly complex, as new Internet threats appear daily or even hourly.
Small business networks face constant threats from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, spyware, zero-day attacks, and more. Achieving effective network security for small business requires a solution that’s designed to fit your needs today and can adapt to tomorrow’s security threats.
Aside from protecting you against such threats, the best network security for small business gives you many business benefits.
The Benefits of Network Security for Small Business
Effective network security for small business:
- Provides a secure e-business foundation
- Enables your business to be in compliance with industry and government regulations
- Gives employees easy, secure access to the tools and applications they need, whether they're in a home office, a hotel room, or at an airport departure gate
- Lets you easily, securely grow your network
Network Security for Small Business Provides Collaboration, Productivity Gains
Network security for small business can also:
- Promote collaboration among employees as well as with vendors, partners, suppliers, and others by providing them controlled network access
- Improve productivity by ensuring network uptime and by recovering quickly from security breaches
- Enhance your customer's experience by allowing them to access confidential information on your network applicable to them
Finally, it's important that any network security for small business:
- Reduce the risk of litigation from loss of data or security breaches
- Allow you to hire talented employees, anywhere, as remote teleworkers with full, secure network access
- Provide worker flextime by giving employees options for where and when they work
- Add new locations, branches, and offices quickly, without worrying about having to redesign your security system
Small Business Phone Systems
Whatever the size of your company, you can save cash and make your employees more productive with small business phone systems from Cisco.
Small business phone systems from Cisco allow you to collaborate in real time using many applications within a single easy-to-use interface. The result is a communications solution that is more cost-effective and far more powerful than a traditional phone system.
Small business phone systems from Cisco help you stay on top of your game
Small business phone systems from Cisco allow employees, business partners, and customers to conduct business using combinations of video, voice, data, and mobility applications.
These small business phone systems allow you to access the following applications quickly and easily, all within one interface:
- Mobile soft phones
- Database queries
- Customer information
Cisco Small business phone systems offer you simplified communications that make you and your employees more productive.
Small business phone systems from Cisco give you as many options as you need
Small business phone systems can be as feature-rich as you need them to be, thanks to the options available through Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express. Some options include:
- Automated attendant
- Presence" technology
Small business phone systems from Cisco even allow you to link up to the applications you can't do without, including:
- Link to Salesforce.com, Microsoft CRM, and Microsoft Office with Cisco Unified CallConnector software
- Hold interactive meetings with Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express and WebEx solutions
- Help your employees be more mobile with Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phones
- Turn phone calls into video calls with Cisco Unified Video Advantage
Small business phone systems offer even more features with Cisco Unity Express. Features include:
- Capacity for 16 voicemail or automated calls at once
- Message notifications by e-mail, text message, or phone
- Interactive voice response (IVR) features and options
Small Office Phone System: Basic and Affordable
Small office phone system technology delivers so much more today than just a dial tone.
Today, a small office phone system is increasingly part of a converged network—an Internet Protocol (IP) network that seamlessly ties together voice, data, video conferencing, wireless, instant messaging, and other business-critical communications tools and applications.
A small office phone system on a converged network makes basic as well as sophisticated business communications more affordable, whether it’s for a small business or a small office that’s part of a larger company.
How an IP-Based Small Office Phone System Saves Money
- With a small office phone system on an IP network, you have only one network to manage, which is less expensive and more efficient than managing separate networks.
- A small office phone system saves your business money on long-distance charges, because you can use your data network to place calls both nationally and internationally at extremely low rates.
- A small office phone system reduces the costs of moving or changing a phone extension.
- You'll save time—and therefore money—when adding a new site or a new employee.
Other Benefits of a Small Office Phone System
- Ease of use: for employees, an IP network-based phone system can be as easy to use as a traditional landline phone, yet offer far more features and capabilities.
- Anywhere access: your communications/phone system is available to employees anywhere they have a broadband Internet connection. This helps employees be more productive and collaborate more easily, which in turn helps speed decision-making.
- Improved customer service: having anywhere access to a communications/phone system allows you to serve customers better. Callers are less likely to get ensnared in voicemail menus or put on hold, which can help improve customer loyalty—and profits.
Find out about Cisco solutions for adding a cost-effective, affordable small office phone system to your network.
Learn more about Cisco Unified Communications 300 Series for Small Business (UC300), SPA300 Series IP Phones, and SPA500 Series IP Phones.
From Video Conference to Cisco TelePresence
Cisco TelePresence systems create a realistic, “in-person” meeting experience, delivering real-time, face-to-face interactions between people seated around a “virtual table”_blank in a Cisco TelePresence conference room. Participants are represented by life-size, high-definition images and high-quality audio, rather than poor sound and the unclear images that are displayed on computer screens during a conventional video conference.
Freed from the barriers of standard video conference technology, Cisco TelePresence meeting attendees can communicate more clearly and effectively. The improved meeting experience facilitates a deeper level of understanding between participants that is not possible with voice or traditional video conferencing.
Benefits of Cisco TelePresence
Cisco TelePresence can transform your business in many ways:
- Enhanced customer relationships. You can invite more customers to participate in virtual meetings with experts from your team, improving the flow of information and quality of interaction. Find out how Cisco supports virtual meetings with its customers.
- Faster decision making and sales cycles. By bringing teams together easily and cost-effectively, your workforce collaboration improves significantly. This helps accelerate business decisions and sales cycles.
- Increased employee productivity. Because employees do not have to spend hours or days traveling, they can increase their availability and productivity for more important tasks, such as customer meetings.
- Reduced travel costs. The high-quality meetings delivered by Cisco TelePresence let you connect more participants in more locations without the expense of travel. Reduced travel can help enterprises save an estimated US$20 million annually.
- Cisco TelePresence is built on the open standard for communications, Internet Protocol (IP). For maximum productivity, Cisco TelePresence is integrated with a comprehensive Cisco Unified Communications system that runs on the same network as your voice, video, data, and mobility solutions.
- Cisco TelePresence is integrated with the groupware that enterprise employees use daily, such as Microsoft Outlook and Lotus Notes. This makes it easy to schedule meetings and access corporate information during conferences.